About Us - The Eunice News/EuniceToday.com
The Eunice newspaper has been in continuous publication since 1919 when it was formed by Willis Johnson and M.V. Strother after the merger of The Eunice Gall (circa 1904) and The Eunice Star (circa 1909). The new product was named The New Era. Owner Matt Vernon later merged the newspaper with The Clarion News (circa 1922) in 1951 and named the new product The Eunice News.
Louisiana State Newspapers purchased The Eunice News in 1985 and later moved the company to its current location in 2000. LSN selected The News for its production center where it prints 21 of its newspapers as well as other products.
The Eunice News serves the Eunice and the "Tri-Parish" area, which includes St. Landry, Evangeline and Acadia parishes. The city, incorporated in 1895, is the home of Louisiana State University at Eunice, the Cajun Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the World Championship Crawfish Etouffee Cookoff and hosts the largest traditional rural French Louisiana Mardi Gras observance, Courir de Mardis Gras.
The Eunice News is located at 465 Aymond St (Crowley Highway) and is published on Thursdays and Sundays. The mailing address is P.O. Box 989, Eunice, LA 70535. The main phone number is (337) 457-3061, and fax is (337) 457-3122.